Wow! What a great weekend! Was our Student weekend away, it was amazing. God did some great stuff in people and I think it got everybody thinking. We had amazing worship, amazing teaching (including a talk by me) and amazing fellowship, bonding together as a family, as sons and daughters of God.
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.
Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,
Till released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I’ll begin;
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood;
How His kindness yet pursues me
Mortal tongue can never tell,
Clothed in flesh, till death shall loose me
I cannot proclaim it well.
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.
But my New Years resolution is going to be to read through the New Testament :)
- l0velikejesus: I love Jesus because He is always with me, He loves me regardless of my failures and He gave it all for me.
- etiamreformandi: I love Jesus because He satisfies me with Himself.
- yourfriend-jesus: I love Jesus because I choose to love Him!
- Jesushealandheforgives: He first loved me, and brought me out of the darkness.
- hellomynameisliv: I love Jesus with the love of a lowly, deprived human. My love for Jesus is nothing compared to His love for me, shown complete in His death and resurection on the cross that I may be saved by grace in faith through love. My love is nothing. It has no value. It holds no power. But through His love and grace, My heart can be transformed. My sin nature; forgiven. The selfish, dark, evil ways of my heart are rebuked and sent to the cross for His name sake. Why do I love Jesus? Because anything but love for Him is a spit in the face at His ultimate sacrifice for me.
- johnnyis: I love Jesus because He chose to love me, and in the face of that, I cannot do anything less. I love Jesus because He has given me the ability to love anything. I love Jesus because He first loved me.
- Glorytothefatheroflights: I love Jesus because He is the way, the truth the life, the alpha and the omega. But more than that, he is a loving father who loves His children and wants the best for them.He is merciful and loves me no matter what, who can resist a quality like that!?! I love Jesus because I have the spirit of adoption and have no more the spirit of slavery. I love Jesus because he has a plan for my life which is ar greater than anything i can imagine, a wild adventure with Him into the world, to love them and show them JESUS! God is good! Blessings!